Fernando Marques Fernandes
Former Deputy Mayor of Ponta Delgada
l Graduated in History and Philosophy (teaching) and holder of a postgraduate degree in Education, in the specialty of Administration and School Organization, by the University of the Azores.
Professor by profession, he served from 2013 to 2017 as Vice-Mayor of the City Council of Ponta Delgada, with the following responsibilities:
– Qualification, valorization, and management of human resources;
– Organization, administrative modernization, and e-government;
– Quality and administrative transparency;
– Education and training;
– Brand, image, communication, information technology, and telecommunications;
– Innovation and special projects.
He was also President of the Local Education Council of Ponta Delgada and a member of the Board of Directors of the Municipalized Water and Sanitation Services of Ponta Delgada.
With a long career in the union movement, he was President of the Democratic Union of Teachers of the Azores, Vice President of the General Union of Workers / Azores and member of the National Secretariat of the National Federation of Education.
- Location: Portugal